I'm signed up for Blockbuster Online, the $20 plan where I get 3 movies at a time and 5 in-store exchanges per month. I was gonna get a cheaper plan, but I'm probably gonna end up on house arrest and figure that I will appreciate having lots of movies to watch. Currently, I am watching the HBO show Weeds and just finished the first season- great show, very dramatic and unrealistic and interesting, which are all things I look for in a show. Also Sons of Anarchy starts tommorrow, and since I constantly watch FX I have seen it advertised enough times that I actually want to watch it. Who ever said advertising doesn't work?
Back to the point- as happy as I am with Blockbuster, my movie queue [aka DA LIST] is quite short and I can't think of movies/tv shows to add. I need recommendations! I have already asked on a couple of the forums that I frequent, and now I am asking here. Basically I am capable of being interested in damnear any movie that I catch within the first 15 minutes (there are always exceptions!) but here are my top genre picks:
(1) Scary movies- slasher flicks are ok sometimes but intelligent horror movies (aka "psychological thrillers") are more my style.
(2) Cartoons! I like kids cartoons as well as those made for adults, but i HATE anime .
(3) Comedies of all kinds: slapstick, comedy/dramas, stupid shit, sophomoric garbage, stand-up routines, love 'em all. The only exception, I don't much like films that call themselves "romantic comedies" since they are all about the same and they annoy me.
(4) Any movie about a murderer/serial killer who outsmarts everybody- even if he gets caught in the end.
(5) Sick strange psychotic movies that don't follow a timeline or make you watch them over and over to figure out wtf just happened on TV.
(6) Prison movies and GOOD dope movies (a lot of dope movies are major suckfests), especially ones involving crack since movie crackheads are even more entertaining than crackheads in real life!
(7) Cop movies of all types- corrupt cops and good-guy cops, I like all of 'em. These are probably my favorite type of movie, cop flicks! I'm thrilled about the new Samuel L. Jackson movie "Lakeview Terrace" where he will play a corrupt cop who scares the crap outta his white neighbors- hooray!!
(8) ROBERT DOWNEY JR, Adam Sandler, JOHNNY DEPP, Tim Burton, Benicio Del Toro, Ashton Kutcher, Brittany Murphey (sp?), Mark Wahlberg ["Marky Mark"], Samuel L Jackson, Penelope Cruz, WILL FERRELL (again sp?), Ben Stiller, Denzel Washington, and WESLEY SNIPES.
What I don't like: pretentious foreign films, *anime*, science fiction, action movies with no plot besides explosions, fantasy stuff (such as Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter), Michael Moore, slasher movies with no plot besides blood and guts like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Jack Black (I hate that fucker with a passion that burns deep within me... grrrrr), teenager "coming-of-age" shit, and Date Movie or Epic Movie or any "[vague genre] Movie" since the FIRST Scary Movie (ok, the third one was good too- but that's it!!)
Please give me your movie recommendations in my comments page, thanks in advance to anyone who does! House arrest will go much quicker with many things to watch on TV I bet.
2 weeks ago