Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"...and this guy was an asshole!"

[[Clay Walker- 'Fore she was mama]]

I've come to my senses, that I've become senseless
I could give you lessons on how to ruin your friendships
Every last conviction, I smoked them all away
I drank my frustrations down the drain, out of the way
So I sit and wait and wonder
"Does anyone else feel like me?"
Someone so tired of their same routines and disappearing self-esteem
I could be an expert on co-dependency
I could write the best book on underage tragedy
I been spending my time at the local liquor store
And I been sleeping nightly on my best friend's kitchen floor
So I sit and wait and wonder
"Does anyone else feel like me?"
I'm so overdosed on apathy and burnt out on sympathy
Let the meaning slip away
Lost my faith in another day
Self-depreciation seems okay
I never thought I'd make it anyway
[the science of selling yourself short]

[[KoRn- Alone I break]]

You got your hair permed, you got your red dress on
Screaming that second gear is such a turn-on
Now the fog forming on my window tells me that the morning's here
And you'll be gone before too long
Where'd you learn those new tricks?
Man, I shouldn't start that talk
But life is one big question when you're staring at the clock
And the answer's always waiting at the liquor store
40 ounces to freedom, so I take that walk
And I know I'm not coming back
[40 oz to freedom]

[[Less Than Jake- Dope man]]

Last night I shot some dope and my entire arm blew up, shoulder to fingertips. It started burning real bad mid-push but I still finished it off. I told my dad a spider bit me, showing him two little [track marks] holes on my swollen hand. He worked for 15 minutes helping me get my rings off before they cut into my skin. The swelling is almost gone now, but I'm scared to put my rings back on. That shit hurt so bad, and scared me too. The rest of the batch didn't do anything like that to me, but it could have, and my brain pounded that into me every time I did a shot last night so I couldn't really enjoy my high. Micheal was supposed to call today, which he did, but I was sleeping and didn't answer the phone and now I'm hoping he calls back. We are spending the night together [[supposedly]]. Shit never seems to work out with us.

[[Carrie Underwood- Before he cheats]]

I haven't hit a meeting lately- not that I'm complaining or anything. I hate those stupid fucking meetings. Found a great website, gonna add it to my links. It's called AA De-programming, and it talks about all the bullshit you'll find in the program. That book I'm reading though, "12-step Horror Stories" is increasingly sounding like bullshit. 90% of the "horror stories" aren't about AA or NA, but about specific rehab centers or people. It's like, "I went to NA and this guy was an asshole!" Really, honey? You'd think in an entire group of basers, junkies, alkies, tweakers, pill poppers, geekers and burnouts that everyone would be nice, kind, and well-adjusted. Certainly no assholes there! It's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. That de-programming website kicks ass! Check my links for it.

[[Rick Ross- Hustlin']]

If I told you I cared, could I still smile
Without the vomit rising in my throat like bile?
If I told you I cared, could I still wake
Each day without feeling fake?
If you cared for me, you'd be there for me
And caring for you wouldn't be a bear for me
But you won't, so I don't,
Because it's one less burden to bear
If I pretend I don't care
But can I hide my love for you for another day?
At least until the sickness fades away?
I used to lie with you in bed and you were dead
With your lips turning blue and your arm dripping red
If I told you I cared, you'd piss and moan
And leave me here all alone
Hurting, crying, longing for your touch
So I don't care, because it hurts too much
I will always love you, no matter how you treat me
But I won't let you defeat me
Because you've destroyed the last of my trust
It makes me cry, but you and I can never be an us
You light up my world, I want to be your girl
But I don't want to die so I guess this is goodbye...

[[Big Boi- Kryptonite (I'm on it)]]

hookin' to pay the piper, trickin' to pay the reaper
the price keeps gettin' lower while the risk keeps gettin' steeper
shootin' up old Ben Franklin several times a day
smokin' up Andrew Jackson- is this the only way?
the cook, the sting, the blood, the rush, it's all I know I've got
but I convince myself that I don't care and prep another shot

[[Sublime- Garden grove]]

No comments: