Completely stolen word for word from someone on a forum I frequent, and I will give him credit if he tells me I should. Until then, just know that this is nothing but copy-paste.
1. Executive order forcing tax payers to fund abortions overseas.
2. Executive order to close Gitmo within a year (he's still trying to figure out what to do with the prisoners there, apparently having given it little thought before making his campaign promises).
3. Executive order effectively ending serious interrogations of illegal enemy terrorists by limiting questioning to the techniques spelled out in the Army Field Manual, pending advice from an advisory task force created by the President.
4. Suspended the military commission process, and dropped charges against Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, the alleged mastermind of the USS Cole bombing and other terrorist attacks, to the outrage and consternation of the victims' families, though new charges could still theoretically be filed.5. Signed so called "Fair Pay Act" into law, violating his "transparency" promise to publicly post legislation for people to observe for five days before signing. The act is a boon to trial lawyers as it eliminates the statute of limitations for filing law suits alleging discrimination despite the current economic downturn, and it would force employers to pay completely different types of jobs equally, with government regulators determining which unrelated jobs (like janitorial and secretarial work) are "equivalent".Supporters of the bill completely ignore studies by economists like June O'Neill (who served in the Clinton administration) that virtually all but a tiny percentage of the pay disparity between men and women can be accounted for by legitimate factors like experience and qualifications.
6. Signed a dramatic expansion in SCHIP, violating his "transparency" promise to publicly post legislation for people to observe for five days before signing.The expansion will mainly fund government health insurance for children (and some adults) who already have private health insurance, raising a steep cigarette tax to ostensibly pay for it, while ignoring evidence that such programs serve to drive up general health care costs for everyone.
7. Alienated tens of millions of Americans by frivolously attacking Rush Limbaugh, the biggest conservative icon in the country.
8. Nominated a Treasury Secretary who failed to pay tens of thousands of dollars in taxes and employed an illegal alien.
9. Nominated a Commerce Secretary who was forced to withdraw in the midst of a corruption scandal.
10. Nominated a Health and Human Services Secretary who withdrew after it was discovered that he had failed to pay over a hundred thousand dollars in taxes.
11. Nominated a Chief Performance Officer who withdrew after it was discovered that she had failed to pay a significant amount of taxes.
12. Nominated an Attorney General who was involved in the Clinton pardon scandals and who worked to get over a dozen terrorists released from prison.
13. Selected a Chief of Staff (Rahm Emanuel) from Chicago with a reputation for ruthlessness who is widely disliked across the political spectrum.
14. Nominated a long time politician with no national security experience to head the CIA. Currently concerns are being raised over funding he received from various banks and other institutions.
15. Nominated for Deputy Attorney General a man who has argued that American courts should defer to the opinions of foreign bodies, even when the US isn't a party to a pertinent treaty that would make such rulings legally relevant.
16. Despite pledging that lobbyists "won't find a job in my White House," has given high power jobs to at least a dozen lobbyists so far.
17. Has transferred at least partial oversight of the census from the Commerce Department to "senior White House management" (see Rahm Emanuel), effectively politicizing the process that determines Congressional apportionment and influences government funding.
18. Under the guise of immediate "stimulus", has aggressively pushed for the passage of an almost trillion dollar spending package that largely consists of ad hoc pork elements, infrastructure projects that will play out only over a long period of time, and welfare style transfer payments erroneously labeled "tax cuts".
3 weeks ago