Friday, December 19, 2008

taking lemons and making lemonade


I went to court on the 17th. Court began at 845am, and I showed up at 9, like usual. Greg was there, of course, and so was my dad as well as my brother and his friend Travis (who I suppose showed up out of morbid curiosity). The judge called my name around 10, and I told him that I was waiting for my attorney. So I waited, and waited, and waited. I managed to keep little Jaz quiet until noon, when he called me up to the stand. Morning court was damnear over, and my attorney still hadn't shown up. The public defender called her cellphone (which I had already tried and got her voicemail) and she apparently had forgotten that we had court that day. She was at the courthouse, so she offered to run right over in her jeans. I asked the judge if instead, we could reschedule my plea until after the holidays so that I could bring the baby to see my family for Christmas, then waited for him to say NO. He completely surprised me by saying, "well, you've been pretty patient... you've kept the baby quiet too, let's go ahead and reschedule for January [blah]. Go ahead and call [my lawyer's name] and let her know." Not bad, right?
Other than that, nothing much is going on. Jasmyne is the best baby in the world and she is growing a lot, so I just had to get rid of her clothes that didn't fit- most of them! I need 3-6mo sizes now, even though she is not quite 11 weeks old. Anyone who wants to help me out so my baby can have a good Christmas, my paypal virtual-panhandling link is still in the same place.
Still clean, still doing good, still with Greggie, still happy. The thing with me and Greg is this: we disagree about EVERYTHING. Give us a topic- political, economic, social, religious/spiritual, environmental, parenting, fashion, music, movies, families, the temperature outside today, what to watch on TV, how to spend free time, anything at all- and we will argue about it. So we are constantly bickering, sometimes to the point of yelling. But when either me or Greg has a real problem, we declare a temporary truce from whatever pointless "discussion" we are currently involved in and take care of the problem together. That is how you know you're with the right person- if they are there for you when you really need them. Having "soooo much in common" is overrated. Greg and I have NOTHING in common except Jasmyne (and you should hear us argue about her, though not in front of her) and we love each other a lot!
Starting on Jan 24, I get to say that, as a white girl, "the man is keepin' me down." I am gonna use this at every opportunity I get. THAT, by the way, is taking lemons and making lemonade.
By the way, the picture at the top is actually a mom working at Home Depot, selling a snow shovel. But I like it anyway- it fits my blog perfectly, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to change the name of your blog. those who dance? i thought i was a blog about dancing. turns out its a blog about being a fucking idiot.

Anonymous said...

Dear previous poster child - It seems to me this blog gets updated every 3 weeks or so ... and you are checking it so often that you can leave that message within an hour of the most recent post. Somebody has kicked you upside the head and you need to deal with that anger dear. Why not tell us all what is bothering you? I know there are a lot of fucking idiots in this world, but without more information I am thinking you might just be at the front of that line. -Lefty
PS Seasons greetings to all. I urge you to take the time to give a gift to somebody who doesn't expect one from you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with 11:26 AM, very well put. Happy Holiday to all

Anonymous said...

"Anyone who wants to help me out so my baby can have a good Christmas, my paypal virtual-panhandling link is still in the same place."

So you say you don't believe in welfare (though Medicaid is welfare), but you have no problem begging online for people to support you and your kid?